A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Friday, 19 August 2016

"We don't have a choice wether we do social media, the question is how well we do it" - Erik Qualman

All I have heard about since the last digital immersion session is Twitter. The chats, discussions, who's following who.... I feel like I may have missed something rather significant. However after getting rather curious I decided to check out what all the fuss was about. 


After scrolling few a few of my fellow MDTA's blogs I found there is a whole new world of twitter I never knew existed. As far as a Professional Learning Networking is concerned twitter can be the perfect platform. There are chats to follow that where you can follow different teachers ideas and plans from around the country as well as join in and get feedback on your ideas. 


As well as being able to connect with like minded people it also gives a chance to see the other side of the coin. People of twitter seem to be very highly opinionated and love sharing their views upon anything. For my own practice this is good to be able to have to justify why I believe what I believe and accept that I view the world differently to other people but also be open to challenging my own thoughts and realise that my ideologies will constantly be changing. 

Outside of Education I have also found that following world events such as the US election an interesting topics to be able to have arguments for both sides of the coin. It definitely challenges my thinking, but the main thing to remember is that Tweets are generally option, not fact. You can't believe everything that pops up on Twitter but it is a great place to reflect and challenge your practice. 

Find me on Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment