A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Friday, 5 August 2016

"Power is gained by sharing knowledge, not hoarding it" - Unknown.




Today we met with a whole bunch of teachers that are in their first year of teaching in the Manaiaklani cluster. It is always a good opportunity to met and discuss how peoples years are going, and to create a larger network of like minded educators. I love these days to yarn about different innovative things that teacher even from within my own school are developing and testing out. Taking time after these conversations to reflect upon how I could implement a similar idea or how that has challenged my thinking is a critical part of this process. 



Today we discuss the concept of SHARE.  What we share, who we share with and the benefits of sharing our learning. 

I have always found the concept of sharing a difficult one. I like to share a completed finished project. However what I am fast realising that people are actually more interested in the journey as opposed to the pretty final product, especially when it comes to our students learning journey.




One way of sharing information in a easy for all to access way is through info-graphics. It delivers a quick easy message without having to scroll through screeds of writing.

I made this one through Piktochart, which was really simple to navigate and develop what I had in my mind. It is an effective way of overviewing the audience I have collected throughout the world over this year.

I know that personally I will just glance at information or data that it given to me therefore if this data is presented in a way that is easy to interpret at a glance more people will be more inclined to dive deeper.

For my classroom this could be an effective tool to present data for students that struggle reading text. However I would need to explicitly teach how to interpret this designs if the learners had never seen them before.

No comments:

Post a Comment