A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Tuesday, 30 August 2016

"Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for" - Unknown

The past couple of weeks have taken a rather interesting turn, thanks to a rather hard soccer ball to the head I received my 5th concussion and have been put on strict R&R until I make a full recovery. Taking it easy and being told that I am incapable of doing something is definitely not a strong point of mine, I love being busy and pushing myself to the limit, so to be told I can't do anything but rest didn't go down so well initially. However I have realised that rest was exactly what I needed, rest my body and my mind so my brain can repair is a very important process and I needed to take it seriously if I was going to recover 100%. So I had to push my stubbornness aside and enjoy relaxing, and create mini projects that didn't strain my mind too much. I have been fortunate enough to have strong support from my school, colleagues, MDTA crew and of course my mum that has allowed me to take the time I needed and be in a place where I can recover fully, thanks team!

It's been weird to actually have free time to create a terrarium or go for a walk on the beach where I'm not constantly thinking about all the things I am meant to be doing, or mentally planning for school or assignments. I have even lost the fast paced Auckland walk and slowed right back down, which my friends will not appreciate. 

I guess I have learnt that even when school and uni are so intense, and seem to take over every part of my life, I need to make sure that I take time every now and then to relax and enjoy the ride, make sure I am aware of the big picture thats going on around me. For now, I just can't wait to get back to it, I miss my class and the kids but I know once I'm back that I should be well rested and ready for some serious learning time! Until then I will be working on creating some concrete herb pots and keeping my mind as relaxed as I can, once again thanks to everyone for their support and understanding.


3 comments:

  1. Look after yourself, we miss you! And I bet the kids do too, and will be so excited to see you when you are ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have been able to accept/embrace what everything you are truly needs! (was going to say body, but it seems to be much more than that!) We look forward to having you back. I LOVE the stop motion animation! Had never seen a terrarium before, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are resting up and a great stop motion of your terrarium. The kids will definitely be missing you and will look forward to your return (hopefully soon!) - Kia Kaha!

    ReplyDelete