A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Friday, 3 June 2016

"I'm always adapting, I'm always learning, I'm always changing." - Anthony Pettis




Todays session we reviewed the Maniakalani on Air initiative. Initially I thought that this programme was a model of how to teach in a Manakalani school. However as Matt explained its more of an insight into how five teachers incorporate the Manaiakalani values and the 1:1 technology available within our cluster.

The entire process from planning, to the raw teaching footage, as well as the student final product of their learning is all available and fully visible for everyone in the word to see. Although a daunting idea of having your personal teaching style under scrutiny it is an amazing idea to be able to share the style of pedagogy of a modern teacher. The emphasis was not that we are a model to copy but we are teaching this way and ideas of how they are adapting to this modern world.

If you want to check out the Manaiakalani Class On Air you can click the link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment