A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Friday, 17 June 2016

"I do not like being in front of a camera." - Kelly Wearstler

This week I have started filming for my 6 month reflection of being a MDTA teacher. Mate what a challenge, attempting to summarise 6 months of hectic learning, challenges and celebrations into a three minute video. There has been so much happening it took almost the whole day just to try to organise my ideas, remembers the ups and the downs, the challenges of juggling teaching, university and digital immersion. Then trying to communicate all this and how it effects my daily teaching practice. 


The challenge was not the ideas, but sitting in front of the camera and trying to seriously communicate what's happening inside my mind. I found it difficult to not get awkward in front of the camera and to attempt to control my facial features. I generally come across as angry when I am thinking so I had to focus strongly on looking relaxed in front of a camera. 


It made me think more about when we ask the students to make videos, generally I am quite flippant about it, "just go film", it's not actually that simple.  A quality film that is well thought through takes time, a few different takes to make sure you have the message set clear. 

Keep posted for the final edit of my six month reflection coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment