A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Friday, 20 May 2016

"Creativity is intelligence having fun" - Albert Einstein



Today's digital immersion session was based around using iMovie to produce a short 'day in the life of' movie. I created a day in the life of a room three learner and actually quite enjoyed the whole process. Being able to have the freedom to create what I believed portrayed a snippet of one of our learner's lives was quite a challenge. Editing each clip for maximum quality footage and ensuring that each clip aligned with the sound was quite a struggle but a rewarding procedure once the final product was complete.

Looking ahead this experience and the skills I have gained through todays session will support the creation of our video for the Manaiakalani Film festival coming up next term. I need to make sure that by then my iMovie skills have developed enough to create a quality movie with my class... more practice videos to come I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. Great quote! I really like how you have the learners voice in this as well - go the "prickle" in the sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have made the most of your portrait clips by doubling them up - very clever and looks effective! I also agree with the quote, so awesome and so true :)

    ReplyDelete