A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Friday, 1 April 2016

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we create them" - Albert Einstein.

During todays digital immersion session we had the opportunity to collaborate to create a website as a team that can be used as a template to teach critical thinking in relation to a current event. I found creating the content for this website to be quite a struggle, I needed to ensure the critical thinking aspect but also remember the ability of my students. I have used a multimodal approach to my page so my learners can navigate freely without being disadvantaged by screeds of written text. I have also ensured that each component of this inquiry has been unpacked individually to lead up to a critical analysis of what materials Fijians schools school be made from. Check out what I have developed  here!
                           

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote! Keep these up as I love how you connect them with your blog posts. I really think that your learners will get so much out of this lesson, especially with your connections to Fiji! Keen to hear how this goes when you teach it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heath! Hopefully they are as interested in Fiji as I am, I'll let you know how it goes!

      Delete