A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Sunday, 13 March 2016

“When you make a choice, you change the future.” - Deepak Chopra


This quote from Deepak Chopra may seem extreme when put in the context of book choice, but I realised today my book selection had been based on the mindset "choose a cool book and then make a WALT to fit with the book". However when I started thinking about it, this concept was a backwards way of good book selection. Why would I choose a book with no purpose to begin with? Therefore when I went into the reading room today I had set concepts I was looking for within the books as opposed to selecting random books. I found this gave a deeper purpose to the guided reading for the week and consequently changed the future for this week!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Juliana, I am guilty of doing this too so am glad you wrote this post as it has made me reflect on my practice for choosing resources for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some great choices with your books this week and you have put into action the advice I gave you in regards to setting tasks for different levelled learners. I am excited to see what you higher readers do with their book this week. The more you put writing into their reading you will see how this improves their writing skills, comprehension and in depth knowledge. They are now reading to learn! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made some great choices with your books this week and you have put into action the advice I gave you in regards to setting tasks for different levelled learners. I am excited to see what you higher readers do with their book this week. The more you put writing into their reading you will see how this improves their writing skills, comprehension and in depth knowledge. They are now reading to learn! Great work

    ReplyDelete