A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Friday, 25 March 2016

"Together may we give our children the roots to grow and the wings to fly" - Hooding S Cater


Last night I had my first experience of whānau conferences. Although it was raining and stormy outside we still had a solid turn out of parents that came to engage and be a part of their child's learning. It was a real eye opener for me to realise that this is a partnership with the parents and the school. It's not the teacher all alone pushing and challenging the student, but rather a collaboration between school and home. If there are strong relationship between whānau, learner and school then all parties involved are aware of the leaners goals and can work together in the same direction to achieve a common goal. This is the theory that we learn at university, but only once you experience it personally can relate it to your own learners and be able to implement the theory successfully for the benefit of my learners.  

No comments:

Post a Comment