A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Saturday, 12 March 2016

"There's more than one way to skin a cat" - Proverb


The above video is the product of our teams interpretation of Siegler's work during full day of university on a beautiful sunny saturday. We focused specifically on his theory that students stages can come in waves, sometimes they draw on knowledge from one strategy, the next time the will use a different strategy. One aspect we found difficult to portray in our DLO was that sometimes the students' strategies overlap and the learner can implement multiple strategies in an attempt to solve one problem. As educators we realised that we need to give students opportunities to explore the different strategies and not simply push them up the ladder so they can use 'the best strategy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment