A little about me...

Kia ora!
My name is Juliana Treadwell and I have the privilege of being a part of the MDTA 2016 crew! During my first year of this course I will be a part of an awesome year two/three class at Tamaki Primary School with my highly knowledgeable mentor Sally Barlow. I'm super pumped for this crazy adventure and through this blog I hope you can live and learn vicariously with me and enjoy the experience as much as I am!

Friday, 18 March 2016

"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you." -Oprah Winfrey

http://www.stonefields.school.nz/page/Vision/


This morning we started the day of a tour around Stonefields School during their break through day. Break through is normally on a friday and it gives students an opportunity to embrace and explore their difference passions. As we strolled through the school we saw a range of exciting passions the learners were pursuing including: kids researching how to sow, baking cupcakes, researching marine biology, analysing their volleyball skills and rehearsing over and over a dance to a beautiful Justine Biebs song! As I was walking I was trying to comprehend how this kind of development of passion could be implemented in my own classroom and school. We may not have the same facilities or resources as Stonefields however I am sure that by collaborating with my colleges we can come up with a way of developing the same, or similar, concept yet within our own school culture and in a way that works for our learners. Thanks Stonefileds for your inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment